Wooden fan Shan GuMaterial knowledge
Folding fan ShanGu, are particular about ancient times on the timber, the choice of a widevariety of materials, include bamboo, wood, teeth, horn, metal and so on. Itcan be said with bamboo bamboo inclusive of all varieties, such as XiangfeiZhu, Merlot bamboo, Zongzhu, peach genre, sesame bamboo, Buddha belly bamboo,square bamboo, black bamboo and so on. In Shan Gu world, none of bamboo will bemissed. In the wood from pine originally used, cypress, and later rosewood,mahogany, ebony, wenge, sandalwood, boxwood, gold Phoebe, any precious wood areused in the Shan Gu. Also like the rare ivory, animal bones, horns,tortoiseshell, jade and gold, silver and iron shell and other materials havealso joined the ranks into the Shan Gu.《Recommended reading：Traditional culture and art of wooden Fan 》
The first ：Bamboo
China has abundantbamboo resources, mainly in the Yangtze River Basin and South China, Southwestand other places. Variety, about more than 250 species. Bamboo has a highhardness, wear resistance, flexibility and strong, flexible, easy to carve andother characteristics, then gradually replace wooden Shan Gu, became the bonematerial in the mainstream system.
1. Yuzhu and oilbamboo: are from bamboo, and Chen Zhu as expensive to build, especially thosenear the roots of the fine texture. Mingled with bamboo mill after lighting aseries of processing procedures, cleanliness was Pale, said Yu-chu, said oilbamboo brown as old bamboo. Yuzhu bone most commonly used, it is crystal clearjade-like exterior is particularly favored by the literati.
2. Bamboo: the"Xiangfei Zhu," because the skin raw density ranging in size brownspots named. Another kind of Merlot bamboo (plum seal bamboo), bamboo punctuatesizes throughout the body, the shape of the beast spots. Merlot Xiangfei ZhuZhu relatively rare, good Merlot bamboo is rare. Bamboo Shan Gu is theproduction of a good material, used for sixteen stalls, eighteen stalls twentystalls fan. Usually with big bone, a small bone occasionally. Existing inordinary bamboo branded hot streak from posing as illustrated, at considerablemarkings, projections are true, concave who is false.
3. Rohan bamboo: Alsocalled Buddha belly bamboo. Characterized bamboo are in close proximity, themiddle round convex, like a Buddha belly. Rohan bamboo is not rough, cross justafter two large symmetrical bone material. Usually used sixteen Shan Gu stall.Because Lohan bamboo strange shapes, unique days of fun, and very rarematerial, so bamboo bone famous family.
4. Zongzhu: Alsocalled palm bamboo, tufted evergreen shrub, stem cells and tough. Zongzhu colordepth, the skin and the flesh are evident with yellow stripes. Generally,Zongzhu bone are prime bone, simple and elegant. In the Ming Dynasty, Wu,Zongzhu with bamboo Shan Gu is considered elegant sleeve was pregnant, andprecious sandalwood, ivory, ebony Shan Gu were regarded as vulgar system.Zongzhu more common in the eighteenth Shan Gu stall. Thirty stalls, almostblack paper fan forty stalls are used excelsa. Zongzhu smaller, hard to findlarge bones of the material. Zongzhu the unique combination of ivory and ivorylarge bone, Zongzhu small bones, black and white matched, particularlyeye-catching.
Use wooden Shan Gubamboo bone, though not universal, but it's much earlier than produce bamboobone. The first bone of pine wood and juniper wood. Thereafter, the wood bonegrowing family, there ebony, wenge, pear, red sandalwood.
1. Ebony: Ebonyproduced in China's Guangdong and Indonesia and other places, wood color black,shiny, heavy and hard and meticulous, a few can not distinguish the texture.Ebony wood Shan Gu is the most commonly used material for the manufacture ShanGu do since the Ming Dynasty, commonly known as "black rosewood."There are well-established bone ebony workers, who are mostly vegetarian. Butthere are mostly workers in the Qing Dynasty bone ebony. Ebony bone often usedin conjunction with other materials, such as ebony big bone, a small boneYuzhu. Kun Shan Gu fan Ebony rarely used, mostly for sixteen straight squarehead profile male fan.
2. wenge: becausestudents have depth staggered wings seemed natural texture named. File used todo sixteen to twenty stalls painting fan. Associated with the use of mostlybamboo bone. Wenge poor flexibility, easy to break, requiring special attentionin the collection preservation.
3. boxwood: smallevergreen shrub, material tough fine, shiny, without bristles eye. Boxwood ShanGu is very rare, seen by Jie carving, usually embossed or engraved pattern.
4. Rosewood:Rosewood known as wood in Need said the hard wood, high density, andimmediately sink into the water. Rosewood basic color purple to dark purple tobrown, cloth above the eye small bristles. Multi-nine files used sandalwood,eleven files, eighteen stalls male fan. Because wood precious, littleconstruction. Rosewood is also commonly used as decoration at Poly head.
5. Sandalwood:Making Shan Gu refers specifically with sandalwood sandalwood. Sandalwood softtexture, there is a strong and lasting unique flavor, not only refreshing, butalso pest moth. Sandalwood can also be used for kun fan male fan sixteen files,or work or vegetarian, sometimes used in conjunction with other materials.
6. Phoebe:evergreen tree, produced in China's Yunnan, Guizhou, Sichuan, Hunan and otherplaces. Hard wood and delicate. Phoebe Shan Gu mostly have a job.
The third ：tooth angle
1. Ivory: Ivorypastel, fine texture, suitable facilities eagle, is the finest technicalmaterials. Shan Gu Material ivory is the most valuable. Its practicalsignificance is often overshadowed by its own precious material. Ivory Shan Gusurvive in the world more than to Nine Inch big fan of expensive, still sixteenstalls, eighteen-speed dental bone collector most promising. Bone has abeautiful carving of ivory is priceless. Nine stalls, eleven stalls Japanesedental bone due to large bone narrow, relatively low prices. Ivory also dosmall bones, for material saving, often penetrate the fan section is easy tobamboo and other materials. Teeth bone often with ebony, rosewood match use toform color contrast, so bring change and human visual aesthetic.
2. animal bones:generally refers to bone and camel bone. Shan Gu After bleaching, polishing,waxing and other processing procedures made crude ivory bone looks similar, sooften do not know what's recognized as the tooth bone. In fact, carefulobservation is not difficult to distinguish the differences. Ivory delicate andsmooth, visually observe the beautiful natural tooth pattern("person" herringbone pattern or mesh pattern). Even after animalbones polished, smooth ivory still can not keep up, and the surface coveredwith tiny sand point and bristle eye, commonly known as "bone eye",which is the aggregate of features. In addition, the proportion of animal bonesless than ivory, weigh in the hands of a minor, a sense of floating, and ivoryin the hands weigh swab there feeling the weight.
3. Hawksbill:Hawksbill turtle is a large, produced in China's Yellow Sea, East China Sea,South China Sea and the tropical and subtropical coast. Shan Gu made itscarapace bone called tortoiseshell, horn-like quality, smooth and clean, thereare translucent yellowish brown and white pattern. Hawksbill bone has certaintoughness, often used for small bone, and bone and ivory big match, elegant,very popular in the Qing Dynasty.
Rainbow Protective Products Company is a professional Chinese manufacturer of personal protective product and medical disposables. our products are increasingly being used in medical, food, pharmaceutical, electronics and other industries. We now have a large number of clients from nearly 30 different countries and regions around the world, including the US, Japan, Australia, Europe, South America and Southeast Asia.Mobile：13871337419 Tel：86-27-87739381 Fax：86-27-87739382